About the Job:
- 100% remote.
- Expected 4 weeks travel per year for team or client meetings, post-COVID.
- Open to US Citizens only, with possible need to obtain a security clearance in the future.
- Veteran-owned business with strong commitment to diversity.
- Compensation to include stock options.
- As a member of a small team, you will contribute to the development of components of a text-analytics platform, including ETL, document management, rule-based and machine-learning-based extraction, relational data storage and querying, and API and service support.
- At least one of the open positions may also contribute to the development of client-side APIs, GUI components, and application front-end development.
- You will help plan and execute software development projects, including defining and assessing options, ordering work, estimating work, and managing changes.
- You may be part of a client engagement team, elucidating and defining requirements for the integration of software in a client environment and developing those integrations.
Your professional experience as an employee or contractor must including the following. Only resumes including this experience will be considered.
- Minimum three to maximum seven years of experience in software systems development, including
- Design of algorithms and data structures to meet functional requirements for a high-performance data processing system.
- 80%+ focus on Unix- / Linux-based development
- Robust unit- and integration-test development
- Exposure to distributed applications development preferred
- Development in Ruby and/or C preferred
- Collaboration within a small development team, including
- Participation in code reviews
- Joint decision-making for software design and implementation
- Exposure to and experience with development tools including:
- Source code control systems, preferably mercurial or git, with an understanding of branch-based development
- Continuous integration, preferably Jenkins
- Agile project management, preferably Jira
- Documentation, preferably Confluence
- (One or both positions) 1-3 years’ experience with GUI development
- Experience with CSS and HTML
- Experience with Promise-based web client modules, preferably Axios
These qualifications must be fulfilled either through professional work, open-source contributions or personal pursuits. To be considered, your resume must include descriptions of your background in at least five of the points below, and you will be asked to demonstrate your knowledge in a pre-screen interview.
- Demonstrated mastery of one or more scripting languages, with preference for Ruby
- Knowledge of C
- Experience with SQL and aggregate stores, preferably with Postgres and MongoDB, and ability to optimize performance of queries and structure
- Demonstrated ability to design, analyze and optimize algorithms in both space and time
- Proficiency in Unix / Linux operating systems and tools
- Experience with text manipulation and extraction tools and approaches
- Demonstrated test skills and practices, including the application of BDD/TDD, mock and assertion libraries, test isolation, and edge-case definition.
- Experience supporting deployment and software maintenance.
All candidates will also be expected to demonstrate
- A work ethic conducive to operating independently in a fast-paced “start-up” like environment, with minimal supervision and occasional travel to customer sites.
- Strong written and/or verbal communication skills when interacting with co-workers, managers and clients, and
- Understanding of the proprietary nature of data, practices and plans of both Noragh and its clients.
You must be able to provide documentation to support the following to be considered:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, statistics, or data / decision sciences, with a minimum 3.0/4.0 grade point average, or
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, with a minimum 3.0/4.0 grade point average, plus extensive addition course work in computer science beyond web service frameworks to include data structures, algorithm analysis, threading, interrupt management, and so on
Candidates who pass pre-screening will be asked to provide three professional references, one of whom having been in a management capacity.
About Noragh Analytics, Inc.
Since 2011, Noragh has provided Fortune 50 clients competitive decision advantage by enabling concrete observations and data analytics of unstructured data faster and more accurately than any other current analytic capability.
Noragh is a game-changer for enterprises seeking value and competitive advantage in a diverse and ever-expanding data universe. By enabling critical thinking, in near real-time, timely and thorough analyses ensure informed and actionable responses for every kind of fast-paced business challenge.
Noragh is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Go to https://noraghjobs.as.me/?appointmentType=20495833,
- answer the pre-screen questions,
- submit your resume to email@example.com, and
- schedule a 15-minute pre-screen.